Friday, September 20, 2013

Solvang Danish Days 1964


SOLVANG, CALIFORNIA
DANISH DAYS
This colorful little Danish-American Village, in the Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, dresses gayly for their annual "Danish Days." . . . young folks dance Danish folk dances to the rollicking music of roving bands . . . Aebelskive breakfasts are served in the open . . . there is entertainment galore . . . parades too. Programs begin Friday forenoon and end Sunday afternoon. "Bells of Santa Ynez" performances Friday and Saturday evenings.

postmarked 1964

4 comments:

  1. Ah, how lovely! It is the time of Oktoberfest--and this postcard is beautiful!

    Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at this postcard, I realize these costumes, though similar, are not exactly like those worn for Oktoberfest. How lovely...lol My husband is part Danish--I love to read of his heritage.

    My great thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Danish costumes are similar to Finnish and Dutch featured on my blog with the presence of the apron... I'm starting to be more interested in learning about European folk/traditional costumes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love SOLVANG, a beautiful little storybook town. Was there on a road trip with my brother several years back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...